martes, 21 de abril de 2009

MOTHER´S DAY


“God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers”
Jewish Proverb

MOTHER´S DAY

History and Customs...

In the U.S. Mothers' Day is a holiday celebrated on second Sunday in May. It is a day when children honour their mothers with cards, gifts, and flowers. Although it wasn't celebrated in the U.S. until 1908, there were days honouring mothers even in the days of ancient Greece. In those days, however, it was Rhea, the Mother of the gods that was given honour.
Later, in the 1600's, in England there was an annual observance called "Mothering Sunday." On Mothering Sunday, the servants, who generally lived with their employers, were encouraged to return home and honour their mothers. It was traditional for them to bring a special cake along to celebrate the occasion.
Many other countries of the world celebrate their own Mother's Day at different times throughout the year. Germany, Denmark, Finland, Italy, Turkey, Australia, and Belgium celebrate Mother's Day on the second Sunday in May, as in the U.S.

Celebrating Mother's Day.

One the best way to celebrate Mother's Day is to give your mom the day off. Let her take it easy and relax while the rest of the family does the work.

Many families begin Mother's Day with breakfast in bed. Usually Dad and the Kids will let mom sleep late as they go into the kitchen and prepare her favourite meal. A Mother's Day breakfast can consist of anything your mom likes.
After the food is cooked arrange everything nicely on a tray. Don't forget the vase with a single flower. When everything is ready carefully carry the tray to her bedroom. Cards and small presents can be placed on the tray before it is presented to mom in bed.

Many Families make a special Mother's Day dinner or take mom out to her favourite restaurant for a meal. It is a good day to let your mom relax and let her see what a wonderful family she has.


M - O - T - H - E - R


"M" is for the million things she gave me,

"O" means only that she's growing old,

"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,

"H" is for her heart of purest gold;

"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,

"R" means right, and right she'll always be,

Put them all together, they spell

"MOTHER,"

A word that means the world to me.



Mama - Il Divo

Mama, thank you for who I am
Thank you for all the things I'm not
Forgive me for the words unsaid
For the times I forgot

Mama remember all my life
You showed me love, you sacrificed
Think of those young and early days
How I've changed along the way [ along the way ]

And I know you believed
And I know you had dreams
And I'm sorry it took all this time to see
That I am where I am because of your truth
And I miss you, yeah I miss you

Mama forgive the times you cried
Forgive me for not making right
All of the storms I may have caused
And I've been wrong, Dry your eyes [ dry your eyes ]

And I know you believed
And I know you had dreams
And I'm sorry it took all this time to see
That I am where I am because of your truth
And I miss you, yeah I miss you

Mama I hope this makes you smile
I hope you're happy with my life
At peace with every choice I made
How I've changed along the way [ along the way ]

And I know you believed in all of my dreams
And I owe it all to you, Mama


1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Hola!
Creo que este artículo es muy interesante porque el dia de la madre es una fecha muy especial para todas las madres y es bueno recordarla cada año, así como regalarle algo a tu madre.

Un saludo,
Anna Navarro 1ºe.s.o